Whenever someone wants an iron, they want something that does a quality job. They’d like to iron out the wrinkles of their clothes easily. Sure, some fabrics may make wrinkles a bit stubborn to remove. But as long as you have your iron on the right setting, you should be able to smooth them out easily.
So if you are planning on investing in an iron, we might have one for you! This is a review of the Oliso Iron.
We are going to mention its features, specs, pros, and cons, and what people are saying about it. Let’s get right to it!
If you think irons have gotten smarter over the years, you’re sort of right. It’s all thanks to this ITouch technology that will prevent any scorching or burns.
It also detects when your hand is on the iron or off it. Once you take your hand off of it, the built-in scorchguard will lift. It will activate once you use it. No more accidentally burning your clothes while you are ironing or, for that matter, leaving those unsightly burn marks!
Stainless Steel Soleplate
If you are looking for a durable soleplate, the Oliso iron offers you just that. It’s durable, resistant to scratches, and will allow for plenty of gliding.
We’re seriously impressed with these features since it makes it a lot smoother to iron out the clothes. We don’t think we’ve run into any snags or rough spots since using it. If you have suffered that with other irons, there’s a good chance the Oliso Iron could prove its worth as your next iron of choice.
If you like to craft, make quilts, or sew, this soleplate will also make steam distribution a lot easier, especially when you need a bit of it to iron out the wrinkles. Simply put, it’s the kind of iron you need whenever you’re dealing with laundry or specific arts and crafts.
The auto-shutoff feature is another reason why smart irons are perfect. Back in the day, if you left your iron on, it wouldn’t always shut off automatically. This could cause the iron to get too hot and perhaps catch fire if possible.
This iron will shut off if you let it stand for about 30 minutes. It will shut off in 30 seconds if it gets accidentally knocked over. This is hands down one of the best features of the iron as it provides you with more safety!
The last thing you want to deal with is an inadvertent fire hazard. Yes, life gets in the way while we’re in the middle of ironing. And that means forgetting to shut off the iron itself.
We like this iron because sometimes, we tend to pull away from it a bit longer than expected. Plus, it eases our worries as to whether or not we shut it off.
- Weighs 8 ounces
- 1600 watts of power
- 7-ounce side water tank
- 8’8” power cord
- Three steam settings
- 8-minute shut off feature
- The auto-shut-off switch is one of the best features as it can shut off on its own, depending on the position it’s in. If it’s tipped over, it shuts off in 30 seconds, which is a good thing as it may start fires fairly quickly if the iron gets way too hot after a while. Even if it’s sitting there, it can shut off automatically, so it doesn’t suck up a lot of energy.
- This has plenty of power to heat up in the quickest time possible. At 1600 watts, you won’t have to wait minutes for it to warm up. This iron isn’t like the irons of ages past where you have to sit and wait. Nor is it one where you have to test the iron and wait a few more minutes before deciding that it’s warm enough.
- The Oliso iron is light in weight. It makes moving it around and navigating from one end to the other a lot easier. You won’t have to feel like you are moving around a heavy object. It’s better on your hands and wrists, making the task of ironing clothes easier and not so much a major pain.
- This iron may have a tendency to leak after a long time. This may happen after a while with most irons. Due to these leaks, you face the possibility of having less steam to work with.
- It can get a bit noisy when it’s in the stationary position for a few seconds. It may emit an indicator that can get a bit loud (albeit annoying).
- The longevity is questionable. Some say the iron may have lasted them a year or two after use. Irons usually last several years before they need to be replaced. This may depend on the use. Heavy use could lead to them lasting a shorter amount of time. Also, a lack of maintenance may be to blame.
What Customer Reviews Say
Most of the customers’ reviews have been positive. Most have mentioned that it stays hot enough and doesn’t lose a single amount of heat while it’s continuously being used. Some say that the iron is a perfect weight, making it easy to navigate.
The critics have pointed to issues including leaks occurring after long-term use (six months or more). Others have mentioned that for an iron lasting a year or two before it stopped working, the price it’s going for may be a bit much.
Again, the longevity may be due to some improper use they might not know about (including the type of water they are using).
We hope this review for the Oliso Iron has been helpful for you. It should also help you in deciding whether or not the iron is a worthy investment. We love it for so many reasons and wouldn’t trade it for anything else in the world!
We are not too worried about the claims of its longevity. As long as you take good care of it and don’t use it too much, it will last you quite a while longer.