Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron and Vertical Steamer Review
The Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron is a lightweight steam iron for regular household use. If you prefer dry ironing clothes but can’t tackle wrinkles on delicate outfits, you’ll probably want to look at a steam iron. And for me searching for a good model came after getting tired of going back and forth with a dry iron.
Your home probably needs the Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron as will make the job go smoothly. For example for wool garments, it’s much easier to pass steam than dry heat as you risk damaging the quality of wool.
These are some of the features I liked when looking at the Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron.
Quick Heat-up Time
If you find yourself in a hurry to get out of the house, the delay from a steam iron can be irritating. But this is not the case with the Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron. It produces hot steam in 24seconds. It’s impressive since you’ll never have to wait for the iron to indicate it is100% ready.
With the help of the 1500-wattage, it gets hot steam rapidly thus allowing you to polish every tough crease. It can maintain constant hot steam as the maximum heat level is reached in only 55 seconds. It is an excellent pick for professional quilters who need a steam iron that does not lose its heat in the process of ironing.
Many Steam Options
The Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron comes with a steam controller button. You get to use the right amount of steam no matter the type of fabric on the board. It also has steam burst and spray-mist functions for use when you need to iron outfits that require different amounts of steam. This comes in handy when reaching wrinkles on hidden places like the zipper area on your jeans.
Features and Specifications
- The Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron ergonomically designed buttons are fast and easy to reach. The steam button is short to allow everyone including those with short hands to reach it without straining.
- Soft handle provides a comfortable grip alongside the soft touch heel which prevents the iron from catching onto clothes when you move swiftly. The soft heel also provides a secure landing for the iron when you set it down.
- The 8-ft cord has a 360-degree pivot. It keeps the cable straight so that it won’t tangle when moving around a garment.
- The 8-ounce water tank is enough to produce lots of steam for regular steam ironing needs.
- 3-way auto shut off gives you security knowing that it will not overheat when left unattended.
- The solid stainless steel soleplate gives a smooth glide.
- Anti-drip system is more effective than on other expensive models since there are very few complaints of dripping and spitting.
- It is self-cleaning using the anti-calc and anti-scale mechanism. It can flush out impurities to help keep it in top working condition.
- It has 3-seconds wait between each change of steam burst.
- It has two years manufacturer’s warranty which is unlike what you see on upscale models that only offer a 1-year warranty.
- The vertical steaming function is efficient when combined with the variable steam settings.
- It achieves a lightweight design which allows it to glide with ease such that you can work for long before your hands start to report a hint of fatigue.
The Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron has over 200 reviews on Amazon with most customers reporting positive results. Particularly the high-speed heating up and the constant temperature gets people to love this steam iron.
But there’s nothing like a 100% perfect appliance without flaws. As some owners reported, “The location of the water tank is a bit awkward for me…but using the refilling cup gets it done with less hassle.”
However, there are lots of happy buy comments like, “Great value…it delivers a ton of reliable steam,” and “I like the way it feels on my hands…lightweight and good for the money,” and “This steam iron is amazing…I love it.”
With the many satisfied customers, it’s quite easy to propose for everyday use.Buy now on Amazon.com
If you are hoping to get an all-around steam iron, the Maytag M400 Speed Heat Iron is probably your best bet. It accomplishes many expectations including fast heating up and being able to handle every fabric you throw at it. The anti-drip system is efficient, and it is capable of lasting for a decent period.