Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board Review
There are a lot of ironing boards, but are all of them are durable and stable? They vary in sizes and materials, but are they worth the price? When it comes to purchasing an ironing board, there are important factors to consider. Some of them are:
- To make the ironing board comfortable, the height should conform to the user. Many ironing boards have an adjustable height that reaches hip level. Also, determine if you want to stand or sit while doing the ironing.
- The surface of the ironing board should be large enough to accommodate the garments. The dimensions of the surface range from 12 inches to 18 inches wide and 4 feet long.
- If you are going to iron clothes in different parts of the house, you might need to consider the weight of the ironing board. It should be lightweight enough to be comfortably transferred from one place to another.
- The cover of the ironing board comes in different styles and designs. But more than aesthetics, the cover should be made of 100% cotton or non-stick material. It should allow the heat to pass through and be evenly distributed.
We have selected one ironing board that conforms to the checklist above: the Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board.
Features of the Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board
The Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board is built with a patented leg design that is adjustable up to 25 inches to ensure stability and an adjustable height of up to 39.5 inches.
The legs are made of colored platinum metals accentuated with plastic. The tips are etched with orange colored rubber to keep it in place while ironing.
The ironing board top is made of steel mesh that ensures even steam flow during the ironing task. Plus, it is wide enough to lay down plenty of different garments. In fact, it is 54 inches by 14.875 inches in dimension.
The board is covered with 100% cotton material doubled with a high-quality thick pad that consists of ¼ inch fiber and ¼ inch foam.
Make ironing more convenient. This Homz Durabilt Top Ironing Board is built with iron rest with silicon pads to keep the iron in place and disperse the heat.
When it comes to setting up and folding down, this ironing board has no problem with it. In fact, it has a big release lever and whisper glide technology.
The manufacturer of this ironing board is trusted for creating high quality, durable steel top ironing boards in different styles. For 65 years, it is one of the trusted manufacturers when it comes to domestic and foreign components.
Pros and cons
Just like any other product, this Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board also comes with pros and cons, too. Knowing more about them helps you decide on purchasing the product or not.
- Adjustable width and height of the feet
- Rubberized foot tips
- Removable iron rest
- Improved steam flow
- Built with hanger slots
- Huge release lever
- Easy to set up and fold down
- Made in the US
- Trusted manufacturer
- Stable frame
- 100% multi layer cover
- Steel mesh top
- Well built
- Value for money
- A little heavy
- Front legs might be spaced too far apart
When purchasing a good quality ironing board, you need to consider certain factors. You need to look for an adjustable height, large board dimension, lightweight, sturdy support, and 100% cotton cover. There are a lot of ironing board choices today, but not all of them have these qualities.
If you are considering a portable, collapsible iron board, this Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board is a good choice. It is made in the US using premium materials. Its legs are adjustable in width to control the stability and height to conform to user’s hip level. The top of the surface is made with steel mesh. It is large enough to do normal ironing tasks.
The cover of this ironing board is 100% cotton multi-layered with ¼ inch polyurethane foam and ¼ inch polyester fiber. It is also built with an iron rest that is detachable and silicon pads that help dissipate the iron heat. The frame is designed with colored accents and the feet tips are rubberized to keep the entire ironing board in place.
One drawback of this ironing board is it might be relatively heavy and the front legs might be spaced too far apart. But overall, the Homz Durabilt DX1500 Premium Steel Top Ironing Board is a high-quality ironing board.