Best Clothes Steamer – Buyer’s Guide
Using an iron to get well-pressed clothes is a real hassle. But a clothes steamer can get you better results with as little effort as possible. All you need is to pick a great model and be on your way to wrinkle-free clothes. But choosing a high-quality fabric steamer is not always that simple.
I scoured the market trying to find a clothes steamer that I could depend on for all my ironing needs. Only two brands picked my interest.
URPOWER Garment Steamer Portable Handheld Steamer
The URPOWER is the perfect choice for travel. It is a top-quality steamer with an incredible design to cater for your clothes ironing needs at home or on the go.
Normally, I can’t get a steamer that can fit in my carrying case without feeling like a drag. This is until I came across the URPOWER Fabric Steamer. It is a dependable model as you can use it just about anywhere.
Let’s look at what makes it stand out.
Small and Portable
The URPOWER fabric steamer comes in a travel size. It is compact and lightweight meaning it can go into your luggage without causing any unwanted bulges. It has a 130ml water tank that provides 7-10 minutes of continuous steaming. It comes in handy on busy mornings when you want to be ready in the shortest time possible.
When working with other steamers, you’ll notice that not all of them can distribute the steam evenly. This steamer comes with a new nozzle that distributes the steam powerfully to get to tough wrinkles. It is consistent with the steam power thus giving you an even look in all your outfits.
Features and Specifications
- The URPOWER fabric steamer has a safety auto-off function which turns off the power when the water gets too low or when the steamer gets too hot.
- It heats up fast in around 2 minutes to a very high temperature up to 100-degrees. It blasts wrinkles from every fabric including woolen jackets, linen, cotton, and all other materials.
- It’s simple to operate; you just need to plug in and switch it on. It does not involve varying the steam amount or the temperature.
- The steam channeling design ensures the steam power is high thus driving it through heavy fabrics.
- It uses cold water; preferably distilled water to prevent mineral deposits that may damage the internal components of the steamer.
The URPOWER Handheld Steamer is efficient and easy-to-use when it comes to portability and dealing with different types of fabrics. It is simple to handle, heats up quickly, and the safety features are top of the chart.
Over 4000 customers have overwhelmingly tested this product on Amazon. One concern raised about the steamer was in the steam settings. “I wish there was a trigger to control the steam output,” one customer said.
Most of the owners are happy with their purchase, “Excellent steamer…it’s designed for convenience with added safety features, and, “This is a very good product…it is compact enough for travel.”
With the many satisfied remarks, I feel this product will work great for you too.Check the Price Now at Amazon.com
PurSteam Elite Garment Steamer Heavy Duty Powerful Fabric Steamer
The PurSteam is a reliable companion for anyone who dislikes ironing. If you have a large household, you’ll like the convenience of not having to refill the water tank after every few minutes. PurSteam has a 61oz capacity which offers continuous steaming up to one hour.
The features on this steamer caught my eye mainly because it suits my need for a heavy-duty steamer. It is not a portable size like the URPOWER but is a great pick for regular use. After investigating its features; here’s what I found about the PurSteam Elite Garment Steamer.
Heat Penetrates 30% faster
You know that only the hottest steam can penetrate thick fabrics. With the help of the cast aluminum heating element, this steamer can deliver powerful steam that relaxes every type of fabric. It holds the heat at high temperatures which enables you to work continuously and efficiently. The construction of the heating element from cast aluminum makes it highly durable which it exhibits in the 5-year warranty.
Hot Steam Freshens up Clothes
This unit can get water as hot as 248-degrees high. It is the remedy for killing germs and removing any dust mites and mold. This protects your clothes from damage and maintains them in a new condition. It has double the effectiveness of a steamer as it can also take the place of a dryer. This also saves you money by getting the professional look you need from the comfort of your home.
Features and Specifications
- The 61oz water tank heats up in 45 seconds. You don’t have to wait long even for such a large reservoir. This water tank is also removable for quick refilling.
- It has a wide, adjustable hanger that allows effortless steaming of various outfits.
- It comes with a crease attachment to provide a more finished look to dress pants and clothes that need professional pleats.
- It has clips to help hold other fabrics like pillowcases and drapes.
- It comes with a handheld steam board to assist in de-wrinkling collars, sleeves, and pockets.
What Customers are saying
The PurSteam Elite Garment Steamer is fast. It freshens up clothes, and gives hot steam continuously for an hour. Many people find it reliable seeing that is has garnered over 2,300 reviews on Amazon.
However, there are some snags, as one customer put it, “I feel it needs a handle to hold on to…it keeps rolling to the side.”
But I am pleased that the handle issue is an isolated one. Others customers are happy to report, “Great product…works wonders,” and, “It throws a significant amount of steam…just what I need for my wardrobe.”
It’s pretty easy to see why customers love the PurSteam model. As such, am recommending this product to anyone who likes a good steam and an easy time.Check the Price Now at Amazon.com
With one of the best clothes steamers here, I feel you’ll have an easy time de-wrinkling your clothes whether on the go or at your home. The URPOWER serves as the portable small design model while the PurSteam is the heavy-duty model for use at home.