That lingering thought is always in the back of your mind while you’re flying or driving somewhere for a trip – how wrinkled are my clothes going to be when I get there?
No matter how careful you are, no matter how much time you spent folding your shirts and rolling up your pants, it seems like there’s just no way to travel without getting a lot of wrinkles in your clothes.
To make matters worse, bringing along a travel garment steamer can take up a bunch of room in your luggage all by itself, with its giant shell and cumbersome power cable. It’s almost enough to make one not want to travel at all!
Before you cancel your airline tickets in frustration, have no fear – the Beautural Dual Voltage Travel Steamer packs a lot of helpful features for travelers into an awesome handheld unit.
Even if you’re not planning on gallivanting the globe anytime soon, this travel steamer is versatile enough that it can easily earn its place amongst your normal laundry gear.
Let’s take a closer look at this unit.
Why Is This The Best Travel Steamer?
There are several features that are optimized for travelers.
- The foldable head allows the unit to be collapsed to a small space to make it an easy fit in your luggage.
- It can be used all over the globe. The Auto Voltage Adjustment feature allows you to power it up no matter where you are. Rather than having to bring along an additional large converter, this unit can power on with only a small plug adapter.
- The 100ml water tank is perfect for packing away and saving space when you’re on the go, but there’s also a bonus 200ml tank for larger loads at home or for getting your ironing done quickly on a longer trip.
- The Beutural Dual Voltage Travel Steamer works with both flat clothes and clothes hanging vertically. The pump steam technology gives it an extra level of portability and confidence that you won’t experience any leaking or spilling.
Excellent Customer Support
Beautural has been providing high quality steamers, irons and other clothing care products while also offering excellention post-sale customer support. For almost a decade now, they’ve been selling top of the line products that can quickly become home essentials, from garment steamers and irons to lint removers and fabric shavers.
Their support is offered long past the Amazon return period has ended. As of this writing, it includes phone support, live chat for product assistance, and a 24 month exchange or return period. Compared to Amazon’s standard return period, this extra time can be really helpful if something goes wrong. Being California based also allows them to offer a quick response.
- Works with a variety of fabrics including cotton, wool, silk, polyester, nylon, linen, velvet, and plush
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 6.3 x 9.2 inches
- Item weight: 1.55 pounds, shipping weight: 2.7 pounds
- Power cable length: 7 feet 7 inches
- 100 watt w/ 100-240V dual-voltage design
- Heats up within 30-40 seconds
- Comes with storage bag, bonus water tank, and lint brush attachment
- Works with both tap water and distilled water, although the manufacturer recommends distilled water to lower mineral buildups
- Auto shut off after 8 minutes of inactivity or if overheated.
- The no leak, no spill design makes this one of the easiest garment steamers to use, giving you multi-directional steam power for both flat and vertical clothes.
- If you’re new to using a garment steamer, this is a great first one. You can generally take it right out of the box, add some water, and put it to use right away.
- If the travel features aren’t as appealing to you, this model is similar to the older model in terms of portability and power, but not price point – the older model is around ten dollars cheaper.
- The steam unit is in the head of the steamer, so if you’re steaming when time is of the essence (for example, steaming a business coat at a quick layover before a meeting), you’ll have to allow time for the unit to cool down before you can repack it.
What Do The Reviews Say?
The vast majority of the reviewers have positive feedback about this garment steamer. The few negative reviews mainly focus on the occasional defective unit, and many admit that the customer followed up and provided excellent service afterward making the situation better.
As mentioned above, without the travel-focus features, this steamer is fairly similar to the older model, with an additional price. There are a couple of reviews that mention you may be more interested in the older model if you’re planning to use this garment steamer for home use.
Overall many reviews are headlined with superlatives for this iron – “perfect for travel”, “great for beginners”, “excellent for shirts”, etc.
The Amazon reviews are particularly great if you’re on the fence because many people are posting before-and-after pictures of some wrinkled clothes and the crisp clean clothes afterward. They also include an example video of steaming a shirt and even an unboxing video.
The Beautural Dual Voltage Travel Steamer can handle just about anything you can throw at it.
Next time you’re getting behind the wheel for that long road trip, or strapping yourself in for a flight, don’t spend that extra brain space worrying about how wrinkled your clothes will be when you arrive at your destination. Throw this garment steamer in your bag, heat it up in 30 seconds, and then you can knock out those travel wrinkles swiftly and get on with the rest of your trip.
Even if you’re at home and facing a mountain of shirts and pants that need steaming, this steamer can add a lot of horsepower to your ironing process, giving the same portability and mobility as if you were on the go.